Tuesday 30 April 2013

Playing with texture

I decided to show you how to use different materials to create colorful backgrounds and how to add dimension to you paintings. This piece was created on 8x8  deep edge canvas.



1. I used different painted papers and gelli prints. You can make the painted papers  yourself by just playing with paints and crayons on different papers such as book pages, paper bags and junk mail. Than you tear them in to pieces and glue them to your canvas.



2. As and adhesive, I use mainly Mod Podge but PVA works well too. Arrange your papers on the white canvas to create interesting collage. Mix colours!!!


3. I painted edges and around paper pieces in one colour, which matches with colour scheme of the papers.


4. You can still see pattern from the papers. 


5. Than I used a brayer (roller), which gives this cool grungy look:) I like using contrasting colour.


6. And of course bubble wrap is a great texture tool. Just cover wrap in paint and press gently against surface.


7. Spray paint over stencil.


9. And some stencils. Remember my rule no 1: imperfectly perfect!!!!!:) 


10. Background ready!!!!


11. I had a heart sticker which I glued to two other pieces in a heart shape (it adds more dimension)


12. Than I created wing using modelling paste. I applied the paste using pallet knife. Than left it overnight to dry.


13. As the paste was a little bit transparent, I painted wings white and added some shading to them and the heart .


No comments:

Post a Comment